Welcome


Watts Teaching Ministries (WTM) is dedicated to your success. Pastor James and Debbie Watts believe success begins with the development of your spiritual life. WTM provides encouragement and teaching on the principles of faith, so that you can grow spiritually and enjoy the abundant life Jesus spoke of.

How to post your comments:

We welcome your comments. To share your thoughts, click on the word "comments" below the blog you are reading and enter your comments. You can type your name at the end of your writings or select anonymous in the pull down window. It is not necessary to open a Google account.

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Spirit of Faith Speaks

I have just returned from a week in Tulsa attending a school accreditation conference. I sat through several board meetings, business meetings, and conference meetings. All very interesting.

Countless words were spoken during these meetings. More important than the amount of words was the power of the words spoken. The words set policy and procedures for the accreditation association. They have set a new course that will effect a multitude of schools.

Because of these words, the accreditation process has changed.

My point: Words are powerful. Words change things.

Faith-filled words will frame your world: “By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible” (Hebrews 11:3 NKJV).

Being strong in faith will cause you to speak things into being: I can... I will... I have... I understand... I am convinced... I am more than... I am prosperous... I am healed... I suffer no lack, limits, or loss... I am patient... I am loving... I am committed... I am favored... I am confident and courageous... I am an overcomer.... and on and on.

It’s not just because you are saying it, but because you are saying it in agreement with God’s Word and by faith. The spirit of faith speaks:

And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, "I believed
and therefore I spoke," we also believe and therefore speak . . . .
(2 Corinthians 4:13 NKJV)

Again, words are powerful:

Then God said,"Let there be light"; and there was light.
(Genesis 1:3 NKJV)

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
(Proverbs 18:21 NKJV)

Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything   
according to His will, He hears us.
And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have
 the petitions that we have asked of Him.
(1 John 5:14-15 NKJV)

You will also declare a thing, And it will be established for you; So
light will shine on your ways.
(Job 22:28 NKJV)

"And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you,    
whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive,
that your joy may be full.
(John 16:23-24 NKJV)

1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen... Let every word that proceeds out of my mouth produce LIFE! Thank you for such an encouraging message. We need to know, now more than ever, the power of God's Word, when it is spoken from our mouths.

    ReplyDelete